*Post contains affiliate links. This means that I will make a small commission if you purchase through these links. I only feature products and brands on my site that I truly love and use. Please know that this does not increase the product price for you as the consumer. Thank you for supporting this blog and the brands that make it possible.
King Cake Calories Don’t Count
One holiday splurge fest ends and another quickly begins. That’s how things go here in south Louisiana come January 1st. And I can’t hate it too much because a giant sugar topped cinnamon roll (AKA traditional King Cake) is my absolute weakness. I made the mistake of trying a CC’s King cake latte a few years back and life just hasn’t been the same in January ever since. I’m embarrassed to let you know just how many of those babies I consume during Mardi Gras season. Now, while I DO reduce the sugar and go dairy-free, it still manages to do a number on my wallet.
So I set out to find a version I can make at home to reduce some trips to the drive thru every morning. I’m proud to say that while the CC’s version will always be my favorite, I’ve really been enjoying this guilt-free version I came up with over the past several weeks. Feel free to tweak it to your liking and let me know if you try it!
shop the post:
Guilt-free King Cake Iced Latte
- 1 single serving Espresso (or coffee if you prefer)
- 2 pumps Torani Sugar free Caramel Sauce (NOT syrup)
- 1 1/2 TBL Swerve Brown Sugar Replacement
- 6-8 ounces Almond Milk (or your preferred milk)
- 1 TBL Splenda No Calorie Granulated Sugar substitute
- 1/4 TSP Ground Cinnamon
- Prepare your espresso shot. In a drinking glass, combine steaming espresso shot, caramel sauce, Swerve, Splenda and cinnamon. Stir until sugars are dissolved.Add your milk of choice and stir. Top with ice.You can also pop this onto a magic bullet for a frozen latte if you prefer.