I’ve been working on incorporating things into my diet that help with digestion and inflammation and I remembered this simple tonic recipe from years ago.
I’ve been making it weekly and love the warm, slightly spicy nature of it, especially on these cooler nights. It’s so comforting to me at night.
Here are a few of the benefits you might see from adding it in to your weekly routine.
- Reduce kidney damage
- Reduce the risk and effects of diabetes
- Increased brain health
- Helps alkalize and cleanse your body
- May help prevent infections
- Improved appearance of skin
- Vitamin C boost
- Good source of antioxidants
- May help lower blood pressure
- May help reduce joint pain
All good stuff, right? Let me know if you try it!
Honey Lemon Ginger Tonic
- 2.5 cups water
- 20 grams Fresh grated ginger (can use 4 pre-made frozen cubes instead to make it even easier)
- 2 whole lemons
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- In a small saucepot, add water and ginger. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat. Let sit for 45 minutes.
- Squeeze juice of lemons into pot.
- Pour mixture through a sieve into a glass jar.
- Add honey and stir.
- Drink hot.
- I store mine in a mason jar in the refrigerator for the week and heat up half a cup each day in the microwave and slowly sip.