*Post contains affiliate links. This means that I will make a small commission if you purchase through these links. I only feature products and brands on my site that I truly love and use. Please know that this does not increase the product price for you as the consumer. Thank you for supporting this blog and the brands that make it possible.
Surprise! It’s #NationalDessertDay!
If you (1) love popcorn and (2) love cinnamon rolls, I urge you to make this Cinnamon Roll Popcorn this weekend! It’s been a go-to recipe for me for several years now and it’s the one I always think of first when that fall weather hits.
Enjoy some, bag some for friends and family and let me know on Instagram if you make it this season!
(FYI…these are the tools I use for making this recipe.)
Cinnamon Roll Popcorn
Great for holiday snacking and perfect for gift-giving season.
- 12 cups air popped popcorn
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Karo syrup
- 1 stick real butter
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 squares white almond back
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Toss popcorn and pecans together in *very* large bowl. Set aside.Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a large microwaveable bowl. Chop up butter into chunks and place on top of brown sugar mixture. Pour corn syrup over the top of mixture.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir to combine. Return to microwave and heat for 2 minutes. Remove and stir. Return to microwave one last time for 2 minutes more.
- Remove from microwave and add in vanilla and baking soda. (Mixture will bubble up and foam quite a bit!) QUICKLY pour hot mixture over top of popcorn and pecans and stir. Continue stirring until all popcorn is well coated.
- Spread out popcorn mixture onto foil lined jelly roll pan.
- Bake in oven for 15-18 minutes, stirring a couple of times during cooking process.While popcorn is crisping up in the oven, lay out wax or parchment paper on table.
- After baking, spread out popcorn mixture onto wax or parchment paper to cool completely.
- Melt almond bark in microwave per package instructions. Using a fork, sprinkle the melted bark all over your spread out popcorn mixture. Let harden completely.Store popcorn in an airtight, dry container.